Friday, 30 October 2009
Environment Attachés of Permanent Representations
cc: Water Directors of EU27 Member States
From: Helmut Bloech, DG ENV and Beate Werner, EEA
You are invited to provide your national bathing water data for the 2009 reporting period from now on until 31 December 2009. You can choose to report the parameters either under the “old” Bathing Water Directive 76/160/EEC or under the “new” Bathing Water Directive 2006/7/EC.
As last year, you have three options for reporting, which have been discussed with you at the Bathing Water Directive workshop on 15 October 2009:
1. Reporting under the “old” Bathing Water Directive 76/160/EEC using txt-files. The BWATER data input tool and guidance are available at the Bathing Water Directive WFD CIRCA library under “1st Workshop on reporting on new and old BWD 22/10/2007” (same link as last year).
2. Reporting under the “old” Bathing Water Directive 76/160/EEC using Reportnet templates for xls- or xml-files which can be downloaded from the Data Dictionary for the “old” Bathing Water Directive 76/160/EEC . As agreed at the workshop, the templates are unchanged and the updated Data Dictionary only provides more explanations.
3. Reporting under the “new” Bathing Water Directive 2006/7/EC using Reportnet templates for xls- or xml-files which can be downloaded from the Data Dictionary for the “new” Bathing Water Directive 2006/7/EC. As agreed at the workshop, the templates are unchanged and the updated Data Dictionary only provides more explanations.
Additional information is available in the public EEA Circa interest group “WISE Water Directives reporting“, subfolder for the Bathing Water Directive and „Reporting for bathing season 2009“. Here, you have access to the following additional information:
If you need national support for your work with reportnet, please contact your Eionet National Focal Points.
Bathing water locations for the 2010 season
We also invite you to report your bathing water locations for the 2010 season, as required under the new Bathing Water Directive 2006/7/EC. We recommend to use your national code list. Please use your national BW code list of 2008 bathing water locations and update it accordingly. Upload your 2010 location list by the beginning of the bathing season 2010 into the Central Data Repository into a separate folder for 2010 reporting.
All data files should be uploaded to the Central Data Repository (CDR). Bathing Water Directive folders are already available from last year in your national folder under the section „European Union (EU) obligations"/"Bathing water Directive Report”.You may use the instructions created by EEA: How to deliver data under the Bathing Water Directive
Automatic quality assurance (QA)
Once your data files have been uploaded, an automatic QA/QC procedure starts (GDEM tool) and a list of errors will be automaticaly and immediately uploaded. We recommend to check the results, correct problems (if any) and redeliver corrected data. You can find a description of this automatic QA/QC procedure including explanatory video clips in the WISE SoE automatic QA user guide. A further level of manual data quality checks will be carried out by ETC Water after your release of the 2009 data.
Helpdesk service and support
· In case of login problems or any other technical difficulties with Eionet web services, please contact Eionet Helpdesk.
· In case of questions related to the content of the data requested, please contact Lidija Globevnik at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and look forward to your replies.